The Statutes of the Student Science Society
Chapter 1 - General Considerations
- The science society functioning on the basis of these Statutes is called "The Student Science Society IITD" (SKN IITD), with headquarters located at the Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy PAN in Wrocław, ul. T. Weigla, 53-114 Wrocław.
- The activities of the Student Science Society are based on the declared, disinterested participation of its members.
- The activities of the Student Science Society are regulated by its Statutes and supervised by the elected Management Board and, on the part of the Institute, by the Custodian.
Chapter 2 - Goals and Tasks of the Society
- To develop the scientific interest of the members of the Society in the fields of biology and medicine (biomedicine), in particular in the areas of immunology and experimental therapy;
- To encourage members' participation in research work being carried out in the various organizational units of the Institute, this under the supervision of a scientific coworker of the respective unit;
- To become familiar with the current state of knowledge in the member's selected field, or also an issue (research topic), by using the library resources or other sources of information available at the Institute or by consultation;
- To take part in the scientific life of the Institute through active participation in lectures, seminars, conferences, symposia, and the like;
- To be familiar with the rules and obligations at the Institute involving:
* Planning scientific investigations
* The ethics of scientific research
* Participation in joint projects
* Preparing scientific documentation for presentation (lectures, seminars, congress reports)
* Preparing original papers and review articles
* Observing the occupational safety and hygiene regulations of the Institute
Chapter 3 - The Members of the Student Science Society
- A member of the Society may be a university or high-school student who:
a. Obtains the consent of a scientific coworker authorized by the director of the Institute's organizational unit to participate in the current work being carried out in that unit;
b. Accepts and shall actively strive to realize the goals and tasks defined in these Statutes;
c. Attends the Institute's obligatory course in occupational safety and hygiene.
- A member of the Society has the right:
a. To elect and be elected to the management board of the Society;
b. To participate in meetings, symposia, conferences and other activities of the Society;
c. To present proposals, opinions and postulates on all matters related to the functioning of the Society;
d. To obtain information from the management board of the Society regarding its activities and the grounds for decisions taken by it;
e. To avail him or herself of advice and scientific consultation as well as of the equipment, journals and library available at the Institute.
- A member of the Society is obliged:
a. To participate actively in the work and realization of the goals of the Society;
b. To comply with the Statutes as well as resolutions of the management board of the Society;
c. To uphold the good name of the Institute, contributing to enhancing its role and significance.
- Membership will cease upon presentation of a written resignation from participation in the activities of the Society or upon noncompliance with the principles laid down in the Statutes of the Society.
Chapter 4 - The Authorities of the Student Science Society
- The authorities of the Society are the general assembly of members and the Management Board of the Society. The Management Board consists of a president, two vice-presidents and a secretary.
- The term of office of the Management Board is one year. The whole Board, or particular members of it, may be recalled before the end of this term in a special assembly at which at least one-half of the members of the Society is present, by a public vote with a two-thirds majority. The Management Board calls the special assembly at the request of at least one-half of the members of the Society. Every member of the Society has the right to present a motion to recall the Management Board.
- The members of the Management Board are elected, by secret ballot with simple majority, by a general assembly with at least one-half of the members of the Society present. In case of a tie vote of two candidates to the Board, the election will be decided by public vote. The selection of the president of the Board shall be carried out by the Board at its first meeting after the general election.
- Resolutions of the Management Board are passed by a simple majority.
- The general assembly is convened once a semester as a reporting meeting, whereas it functions as a reporting and election meeting after the term of office of the Board has expired. A special assembly is called at the request of the Board or by at least one-half of the members of the Society.
- Resolutions of the general assembly are passed with a simple majority of the votes. In case of ties, the deciding vote is cast by the members of the Management Board of the Society. Elections and resolutions are valid when at least one-half of the members of the Society are present.
Chapter 5 - Amendments of the Statutes and Dissolution of the Society
- All amendments to these Statutes may only be made in general assembly in the form of a resolution, with a two-thirds majority, with at least one-half of the members of the Society present.