Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy was founded in 1952 by the Polish Academy of Sciences. The main founder and the first director of the Institute was Professor Ludwik Hirszfeld, famous Polish immunologist and microbiologist.
Jacek Rybka, Ph.D.
Deputy Director for Scientific Research:
Jolanta Łukasiewicz, Ph.D.
Dariusz Wójcik, M.Sc.
Chairman of Scientific Board:
Maciej Zabel, Ph.D., Professor
Deputy Chairman of Scientific Board:
Czesław Ługowski, Ph.D., Professor
International Advisory Board
- Jean Francois Bach, Secretaire Perpetuel, French Academy of Sciences, Department of Immunology, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
- Michael Goldman, Department of Immunology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- John A. Hansen, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center & University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
- J. Kupiec-Weglinski, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
- Gerhard Opelz , Institute of Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Emil Skamene, The Research Institute, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Hans-Dieter Volk, Institute of Medical Immunology, Medical University of Berlin, Charite Hospital, Berlin, Germany
- Claudine Kieda, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Orleans, France